Telephone (330) 868-4134
Guidance Office Fax (330) 868-3275
Guidance Office Secretary
Guidance Office News:
GRADUATION! Graduation will be held on Friday, May 24, 2019 at the MHS Football Stadium, weather permitting. In case of rain, an all-call will go out that afternoon and the ceremony will be moved to the main gym. The ceremony starts at 8:00 p.m. Seniors will need to be dressed in cap & gown and report to the MHS Auditeria at 7:00 p.m. If you have any questions, please call the Guidance Office at 330-868-4134.
Graduation practice is May 22nd at 8:15 a.m. in the MHS Gymnasium. Please be on time! Practice is MANDATORY if you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Exams for grades 09, 10 & 11 are on May 28th, 29th and 30th.
The last day for students is May 30th. If you would like to make any changes to next years' classes, you must stop in the guidance office no later than May 30th.
College Credit Plus News:
All students taking classes through the U of Akron, the MANDATORY CCP Orientation is Wednesday, May 22nd at 2:30.
***Current and future CCP students: check your Minerva email frequently for important information and updates! You must also sign up for Remind by texting @ccpmi to 81010. Necessary information is posted there daily!
CCP students for 2019-20... The permission forms need to be signed by the student and parent and returned to Mrs. Smith in 217 or Mrs. Fankhauser in the guidance office.
SENIORS.....make sure to fill out a Senior Survey! We need to know where to send your final transcript. You can stop in the Guidance Office or the Front Office.
Also, if you earned any college credit during high school, you will need to contact that college/s for a transcript.
SENIORS.....Our senior timeline and end of the year summary is available in the front office or the guidance office. It lists all important dates and information about the end of the year through graduation. It's extremely helpful! Make sure you get one today!
Changes to next years' choices can be made until the last day of school, May 30, 2019. Just stop in to the Guidance Office and speak with us.
TRANSCRIPTS...please keep in mind our summer break when calling for transcripts. The guidance office will be closed from mid-June through the first week of August.
8th grade Parent Meeting.... this is the slide presentation from our Incoming Freshmen Parent Meeting which was held on Jan. 25, 2018.
New Student Enrollment
Phone the guidance office for an appointment to enroll. The following documents are required:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency
- copy of deed, rental agreement, current utility bill or payroll statement
- Custody Documentation
- court-ordered, signed and stamped document from the court stating parental responsiblilty
Transcripts are available by calling the guidance office and leaving the following information:
* Name (maiden name)
- Date of birth
- Year of graduation
- If you want to have it mailed, please include address
- Please allow 3 business days
- Register online at the www.actstudent.org
- Minerva High School code # 363-470
- It is recommended you take the writing portion of the test at least once, as most colleges now require it
- If you have any questions, please contact the guidance office
This link is a step-by-step guide for filing the FAFSA:
- Completing the FAFSA is FREE
- the website is www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Most financial aid is based on financial need
- Parents and students must complete the FAFSA in order to be eligible to receive any federal or state funding or campus-based funds
- ALL parents/students must complete the FAFSA, even if you think you will not be eligible to receive any financial aid
- Colleges will not award any campus-based aid without the information provided on the FAFSA
- Financial aid is generally awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis
- If you wait too long to complete the FAFSA, you may not receive aid, regardless of financial need
- Colleges recommend that you complete the FAFSA (by estimating) as soon as possible.
- There is a very helpful phone number that allows you to talk with a representative for any questions concerning the FAFSA, 1-800-4FED-AID